Core Subject Mastery
Our students are prepared to excel on national assessments. Through systematic analysis of student performance data, teachers are able to continuously improve student achievement.. Read more.
Our curriculum is designed to prepare our students for success in college and life. Aligned to national standards with an enhanced focus on math and literacy, we provide all students with access to STEM enrichment classes. Read more.
Strong character is continuously taught, modeled, and required. We consistently champion our CLIMB values of Civlity, Leadership, Integrity, Mastery, and Being our Best. Read more
Teach Fellow Position Job Description
Teaching Fellows will be held accountable by the Head of School and Student Supports Coordinator in regard to their performance and growth, student achievement, supports and interventions. Teaching Fellows work closely with the Student Supports Coordinator and mentor teachers to gain critical instructional experience in an effort to prepare them for becoming strong classroom teachers.
Qualifications of Teachers
- Strong commitment to, belief in, and alignment with mission and vision of school.
- Acceptance into an approved teacher certification program.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of one year working in urban education with a history of significant gains in student performance and/or growth.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Openness to feedback, desire to continue development as a professional, and willingness to take responsibility for student outcomes and achievement.
Responsibilities of Teaching Fellows
- Embody mission and vision of school.
- Enforce school-wide systems, rules and consequences, disciplinary codes, and rewards at all times.
- Provide engaging, motivating, and rigorous instruction in whole-class and individual settings.
- Provide academic support and tutoring to small groups or individual students as needed/scheduled.
- Communicate regularly and proactively with students and families.
- Draft student report cards and revise as required.
- Collaborate with other staff members and actively participate in all professional development and learning activities.
- Work to continuously improve effectiveness in all instructional practices, using school’s teacher performance rubric as a guide.
- Use feedback to make productive changes in performance.
- Participate in additional activities including field trips, intensive academic support sessions, and other required programs as needed throughout year.
- Effectively communicating to parents and guardians the special education process including process for referrals, evaluations, annual IEPs/504 plans, and re-evaluations as well as parental rights granted by IDEA
- Facilitating IEP meetings using a strengths based and family centered approach
- Analyze student achievement data in collaboration with Director of Curriculum and Instruction and Executive Director
- Other duties as assigned
If you are interested in pursuing a career at Apex Collegiate Academy, please click here to apply.