Strong character is continuously taught, modeled, and required. We consistently champion our CLIMB values of Civlity, Leadership, Integrity, Mastery, and Being our Best. Read more
Teachers will be held accountable by the Executive Director and Director of Curriculum and Instruction in regard to their performance and growth, student achievement, and quality of curriculum. Teachers are entrusted with advancing the mission of the school through the development of a standards-aligned curriculum, responsiveness to feedback provided and collaboration with the Director of Curriculum and Instruction on areas of instructional and/or curricular need at the school. Subject to funding resources, the average salary for teachers will be $51,000, competitive with the local school district and other charter school salaries.
Qualifications of Teachers
- Strong commitment to, belief in, and alignment with mission and vision of school.
- Louisiana state teacher credential or certification eligibility.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of one year working in urban education with a history of significant gains in student performance and/or growth.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Experience or familiarity analyzing data and using data to inform decisions and/or instruction.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Openness to feedback, desire to continue development as a professional, and willingness to take responsibility for student outcomes and achievement.
Responsibilities of Teachers
- Embody mission and vision of school.
- Create standards-aligned curriculum including scope and sequence, annual plan, unit plans, and lesson plans; develop interim, midterm, and final assessments as needed.
- Develop and implement ambitious, and standards-aligned lesson plans targeted with end goal of student performance at or above grade level expectations.
- Teach and enforce school-wide systems, rules and consequences, disciplinary codes, and rewards at all times.
- Provide engaging, motivating, and rigorous instruction in whole-class and individual settings.
- Provide academic support and tutoring to small groups or individual students as needed/scheduled.
- Analyze student achievement data in collaboration with Director of Curriculum and Instruction and Executive Director.
- Implement data tracking system and use data to inform instructional development and delivery.
- Communicate regularly and proactively with students and families.
- Draft student report cards and revise as required.
- Collaborate with other staff members and actively participate in all professional development and learning activities.
- Work to continuously improve effectiveness in all instructional practices, using school’s teacher performance rubric as a guide.
- Use feedback to make productive changes in performance.
- Complete all administrative requirements before given deadlines.
- Participate in additional activities including field trips, intensive academic support sessions, and other required programs as needed throughout year.
If you are interested in pursuing a career at Apex Collegiate Academy, please click here to apply.
Teach Position Job Description
Core Subject Mastery
Our students are prepared to excel on national assessments. Through systematic analysis of student performance data, teachers are able to continuously improve student achievement.. Read more.
Our curriculum is designed to prepare our students for success in college and life. Aligned to national standards with an enhanced focus on math and literacy, we provide all students with access to STEM enrichment classes. Read more.