Strong character is continuously taught, modeled, and required. We consistently champion our CLIMB values of Civlity, Leadership, Integrity, Mastery, and Being our Best. Read more
The School Custodian will be responsible for cleaning and sanitizing offices, meeting rooms, bathrooms, classrooms and public areas within the school building. The ideal candidate for this position is flexible and willing to take on non-routine cleaning and special projects as needed. Salary for this position is between $9 - $11/hourly commensurate with the successful candidate’s relevant experience.
Qualifications of School Custodian
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1+ year of janitorial experience
- Willingness to work early morning or late night shifts
- Physically capable of lifting and moving objects up to 50 pounds as necessary
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to work well under minimal supervision
- Basic knowledge of cleaning products.
Responsibilities of School Custodian
- Prepares school facility for daily operations (e.g., opening classrooms placing orange/yellow cones in parking areas, performing minor repairs, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring school facilities are operational and safe.
- Maintain school facility in an attractive and clean condition, and identify any repairs that may be necessary
- Assist with daily breakfast, lunch, and snack preparation and delivery of meals to classrooms.
- Vacuuming, sweeping, and mopping of flooring, stairs and carpet.
- Clean and sanitize bathrooms.
- Clean sinks, countertops, microwaves, and refrigerators in teacher workroom.
- Restock supplies in bathrooms, workrooms and common areas.
- Empty all trash cans and replace liners, clean receptacles as necessary.
- Dusting and cleaning office desks and furniture that are not cluttered.
- Cleaning windowsills and windows.
- Maintain janitor closets in a clean, organized and safe manner.
- Maintain janitorial equipment in a clean, safe and operable condition.
- Proper labeling, dilution and use of all chemicals.
- Other routine maintenance duties as assigned
If you are interested in pursuing a career at Apex Collegiate Academy, please click here to apply.
School Custodian Position
Core Subject Mastery
Our students are prepared to excel on national assessments. Through systematic analysis of student performance data, teachers are able to continuously improve student achievement.. Read more.
Our curriculum is designed to prepare our students for success in college and life. Aligned to national standards with an enhanced focus on math and literacy, we provide all students with access to STEM enrichment classes. Read more.