Core Subject Mastery
Our students are prepared to excel on national assessments. Through systematic analysis of student performance data, teachers are able to continuously improve student achievement.. Read more.
Our curriculum is designed to prepare our students for success in college and life. Aligned to national standards with an enhanced focus on math and literacy, we provide all students with access to STEM enrichment classes. Read more.
Strong character is continuously taught, modeled, and required. We consistently champion our CLIMB values of Civlity, Leadership, Integrity, Mastery, and Being our Best. Read more
Welcome to Apex Collegiate Academy, a tuition-free public charter school for the students of Baton Rouge. We will be opening our doors in August of 2016 with our first cohort of 6th graders, with the intention of growing the school to a full 6th through 12th grade span over seven years.
Apex Collegiate Academy is founded in the audacious belief that through hard work by leaders, teachers, and students, college is an attainable goal for each of our students. Placing a priority on literacy and math, along with our commitment to a strong and positive school culture, we are providing students with a learning environment that fosters a mindset of college matriculation and success in life.
Comprehensively, we will achieve our mission through seven core elements of school design which have proven to result in outstanding academic performance.
- A successful school can be built, from day one, with high academic expectations for every student, regardless of background. We will prepare students for a world where post-secondary education is the norm.
- Students thrive within structure and when expectations are clear and supports are high. Our school discipline and culture is designed to help support an environment where learning is expected and enjoyed by students.
- For students to succeed in school and in life, we must explicitly teach character development. Strong character traits are necessary for students to be successful in school and in life.
- For students to excel, an extended day and year, with prioritized use of time, is a must. Schools with extended time for student learning have significantly better student achievement than their grade span peers.
- Students’ academic growth and levels of achievement in all grades and all subjects are supported by a school’s strategic use of data. Our system of data gathering, evaluation, and response allows us to make adjustments to school operations and student interventions.
- Successful schools identify, support, and grow teachers to produce great results. We commit significant resource to identify committed professionals willing to put in the time to excel at their chosen craft.
- Successful schools that deliver academic results have mission-driven leadership. We hire staff who exemplify leadership in every action, and who are driven to be part of a mission-driven team.
Through rigorous academics, core subject mastery, and character development, Apex Collegiate Academy Charter School educates all students in grades 6-12 to excel in four-year colleges and gain access to professional and life opportunities.