Core Subject Mastery
Our students are prepared to excel on national assessments. Through systematic analysis of student performance data, teachers are able to continuously improve student achievement.. Read more.
Our curriculum is designed to prepare our students for success in college and life. Aligned to national standards with an enhanced focus on math and literacy, we provide all students with access to STEM enrichment classes. Read more.
Operations Manager Job Description
The Operations Manager will be held accountable by the Director of Operations in regard to his/her performance and growth. The Operations is entrusted with advancing the mission of the school through the budget management and internal operations which will be done in collaboration with the Director of Operations.
Qualifications of the Operations Manager
- Strong commitment to, belief in, and alignment with mission and vision of school.
- Possession of, at minimum, a Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in operations and administration.
- Proficiency or advanced knowledge in Microsoft Excel (required).
- Experience in non-profit governance, supplier relations, or community/external relations (preferred).
- Knowledge of budgetary planning, and accounting principles (preferred).
- Excellent technical writing and organizational skills required.
- Excellent data management and reporting abilities.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask effectively and prioritize strategically.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, particularly with non-direct reports a plus.
- Ability to approach situations with optimism and perseverance, willingness to take personal responsibility, open to and interested in feedback on performance, eagerness to continue to improve in effectiveness, and steady determination to pursue excellence regardless of the situation.
Responsibilities of the Operations Manager
- Embody mission and vision of school.
- Create and maintain high standards of financial management and oversight with regard to budgets, expenditures and revenues.
- Ensure compliance with generally accepted accounting principles as well as all other requirements (federal, state, local, and suggested).
- Manage daily accounting of school including accounts payable and receivable and cash receipts
- Prepare and submit all relevant reports, evaluations, and data to Director of Operations
- Report to and collaborate with Director of Operations throughout budgetary process including establishment of priorities and maintenance of financial outputs on daily and/or weekly basis.
- Supervise external contractors for food services and janitorial services in conjunction with vendor selected and with Director of Operations.
- Coordinate and implement strategy for student recruitment in collaboration with Director of Operations.
- Oversee resources provided to all staff, including classroom resources, copy machines, phones, computers and technology.
- Provide logistical support for all school events.
- Manage and coordinate school facility including acquisition, maintenance, and distribution of school materials, furniture, and improvements.
If you are interested in pursuing a career at Apex Collegiate Academy, please click here to apply.
Strong character is continuously taught, modeled, and required. We consistently champion our CLIMB values of Civlity, Leadership, Integrity, Mastery, and Being our Best. Read more