Strong character is continuously taught, modeled, and required. We consistently champion our CLIMB values of Civlity, Leadership, Integrity, Mastery, and Being our Best. Read more
Office Manager Job Description
The Office Manager will be held accountable by the Executive Director and Director of Operations in regard to his/her performance and growth. The Office Manager is entrusted with advancing the mission of the school through the organization and running of all administrative tasks including phone calls, copies, newsletter drafts, filing, and record-keeping. Subject to funding resources, the starting salary for the Office Manager will be $30,000 - $33,000, depending on experience, education, and needs of the school.
Qualifications of the Office Manager
- College degree preferred but may be substituted for relevant experience.
- Three or more years of customer service experience.
- Strong organizational abilities.
- Detail oriented.
- Experience in clear, respectful communication with both adults and children.
- Preferred experience working in urban settings.
- Knowledge of office equipment and services including computers, printers, copiers, fax machines, phones, and software.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Open to feedback, willingness to take personal responsibility.
- Experience with working with Student Information Systems preferred.
Responsibilities of the Office Manager
- Strong commitment to, belief in, and alignment with mission and vision of school.
- Maintain accurate, complete, neat, and organized files for every student.
- Collects, enters, and maintains school data in administrative database.
- Maintains accurate attendance records and follows-up with families when students are not present at school.
- Ensures strict confidentiality of personal student and staff records and data.
- Identify problems and suggest changes in methods and procedures.
- Maintain accurate food service records.
- Prepare equipment for food preparation and monitor refrigeration equipment.
- Prepare food as needed.
- Receive, check and sign for food delivered to school.
- Prepare food production reports, prepare roster sheets.
- Maintain enthusiastic greetings of all school stakeholders (in person, by phone, through email, and through mail) and provides information and directs communication thoughtfully.
- Communicates to all school stakeholders in thoughtful, calm, and knowledgeable way.
- Remain familiar with school policies, procedures, and operations.
- Drafts and edits documents, as needed.
- Completes other responsibilities as requested by Director of Operations.
If you are interested in pursuing a career at Apex Collegiate Academy, please click here to apply.
Core Subject Mastery
Our students are prepared to excel on national assessments. Through systematic analysis of student performance data, teachers are able to continuously improve student achievement.. Read more.
Our curriculum is designed to prepare our students for success in college and life. Aligned to national standards with an enhanced focus on math and literacy, we provide all students with access to STEM enrichment classes. Read more.