Strong character is continuously taught, modeled, and required. We consistently champion our CLIMB values of Civlity, Leadership, Integrity, Mastery, and Being our Best. Read more
Director of Curriculum and Instruction Job Description
Core Subject Mastery
Our students are prepared to excel on national assessments. Through systematic analysis of student performance data, teachers are able to continuously improve student achievement.. Read more.
The Director of Curriculum and Instruction of Apex Collegiate Academy Charter School (“Apex Collegiate Academy”) will be held accountable by the Executive Director with regard to his/her performance and growth. The Director of Curriculum and Instruction is responsible for the planning, delivery, assessment, and ongoing improvement of the school curriculum and instruction in collaboration with the Executive Director. Subject to funding resources, the starting salary for the Director of Curriculum and Instruction will be $62,500 - $67,500, depending on experience, education, and needs of the school.
Qualifications of the Director of Curriculum and Instruction
- Strong commitment to, belief in, and alignment with mission and vision of school
- Possession of, at minimum, a Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of five years’ experience instruction and coaching
- Demonstrated successful teaching experience
- Demonstrated ability in management and presentation
- Demonstrated ability in instructional coaching
- Proven ability to plan and executed professional development
- Prior leadership roles with demonstrated strong results
- Exhibited leadership in working with professional staff and students
- Prior experience working in urban school setting
- Commitment to strong academic accountability for students
- Proficiency or advanced knowledge in Microsoft Excel
- Excellent writing and organizational skills required
- Excellent data management and reporting abilities
- Demonstrated ability to multitask effectively and prioritize strategically
- Ability to approach situations with optimism and perseverance, willingness to take personal responsibility, open to and interested in feedback on performance, eagerness to continue to improve in effectiveness, and steady determination to pursue excellence regardless of the situation
- Ability to provide constructive feedback
Responsibilities of the Director of Curriculum and Instruction
- Embody mission and vision of school.
- Provide leadership in the ongoing development improvement and evaluation of curriculum, instruction, and student data management.
- Responsible for coach teachers on instructional delivery and methods.
- Assist Executive Director in developing and implementing Professional Development.
- Responsible for managing Student Information Systems.
- Assist in administration of scheduling and standardized assessments.
- Assist in the development of school level assessments.
- Assist in developing academic performance dashboard reports.
If you are interested in pursuing a career at Apex Collegiate Academy, please click here to apply.
Our curriculum is designed to prepare our students for success in college and life. Aligned to national standards with an enhanced focus on math and literacy, we provide all students with access to STEM enrichment classes. Read more.