Core Subject Mastery
Our students are prepared to excel on national assessments. Through systematic analysis of student performance data, teachers are able to continuously improve student achievement.. Read more.
Our curriculum is designed to prepare our students for success in college and life. Aligned to national standards with an enhanced focus on math and literacy, we provide all students with access to STEM enrichment classes. Read more.
Strong character is continuously taught, modeled, and required. We consistently champion our CLIMB values of Civlity, Leadership, Integrity, Mastery, and Being our Best. Read more
Behavior Interventionist will be held accountable by the Director of Culture in regard to their performance and growth, student behavior, supports and interventions. Behavior Interventionist work closely with the Director of Culture to assist individuals, groups and systems through the application of positive behavior supports. The Behavior Interventionist helps coordinate Functional Assessments of Behavior and Behavior Intervention Plan that address students’ inappropriate behaviors and provide a means to help the students become more academically successful. Behavior Interventionist also provides classroom and school-wide behavior management strategies.
Qualifications of Behavior Interventionist
- Strong commitment to, belief in, and alignment with mission and vision of school.
- Possession of, at minimum, a Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in a teaching or other capacity.
- Demonstrated successful teaching experience.
- Exhibited leadership in working with professional staff and students.
- Demonstrated success in improving student behavior.
- Proficiency or advanced knowledge in Microsoft Excel and other student management software (required).
Responsibilities of Behavior Interventionist
- Embody mission and vision of school.
- Enforce school-wide systems, rules and consequences, disciplinary codes, and rewards at all times.
- Communicate regularly and proactively with students and families.
- Use feedback to make productive changes in performance.
- Conduct conflict resolution and peer mediation sessions
- Assist staff in: defining and measuring behavior; understanding principles of reinforcement; teaching new behavior; implementing strategies for weakening behavior; and identifying antecedents.
- Facilitate team meetings with the identified student’s teachers and parents for the purpose of completing a Functional Behavioral Assessment.
- Facilitate team meetings that: design Behavior interventions Plans; address classroom organization, effective instruction, social skills instruction, and ethical issues; School-wide Positive Behavioral Support; and factors that affect effectiveness including social validity and treatment integrity.
- Work with individual teachers, groups of teachers and/or the entire staff on issues such as: crisis intervention, learning and collaboration issues, and factors that can affect development and implementation of interventions.
- Promote highly specialized positive behavior interventions in which “at risk” students thrive: behavior instruction that is explicit, intensive, accelerated and provides ample practice.
- Participate in additional activities including field trips, intensive academic support sessions, and other required programs as needed throughout year.
- Other duties as assigned
If you are interested in pursuing a career at Apex Collegiate Academy, please click here to apply.
Behavior Interventionist Position Job Description